Monday, March 15, 2010

Yeah. Bring it On.

c. David Grim (taken 6/14/09)

Daylight Saving Time took me completely by surprise this year. Perhaps that's due to the ridiculous winter we had. So far March seems like a lamb, and I hope it stays that way through April. God knows I don't want any more work cancellations.

It does seem like DST is earlier every year, but I know that's only an illusion. However, it does happen quicker than it did prior to 2007. Did you know that the change from the first weekend in April was due to the Energy Policy Act of 2005? Apparently Congress reserves the right to change it back too, pending an energy-consumption study. It seems like an altogether visceral effect in my life.

Driving to work this morning, I was struck by the darkness of the commute. I know it will only last a few weeks, but it is an extreme change. Of course the compensatory benefits involve more pleasant evening walks and the opportunity to take my son to the park after work. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment