Wednesday, March 31, 2010

At the Playground.


c. David Grim (taken 3/20/10)

I've been appreciating the nice weather again. E. lost his access to the great outdoors when his daycare moved to its present location, and whenever I show up to get him the first thing he says is "We go to playground first, Daddy!" This (of course) means that I may or may not get the caffeinated fuel I need to keep going through the evening, but I don't usually have the heart to stifle his excitement. So off we go to "the slides".

I'll admit it took me awhile to get into the head-space that allows me to enjoy hanging out with a very young child. I was convinced that I was going to be bored pretty much constantly. But now I look forward to spending time with my son as the highlight of my day.

At the playground we throw a little compressed plastic ball around. It is a brightly-colored thing, with Marvel Superheroes depicted on its surface. E. can identify them, and I like hearing him say "The Ting, Oolverine, Ion Men, and The Hauk". We crawl all over the Jungle Gyms, and I watch him slide over and over. We take turn blowing bubbles, and then look at the ducks. On our way home we listen to the Kinks and he demands to hear his favorites (which he calls "La-La" and "Hey Hey!" ) again and again.

1 comment:

  1. Brought quite a satisfied smile, thanks.

    ReplyDelete