Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Daily Routine.

c. David Grim (taken 4/8/08)

I'm starting to learn how to eliminate as many extraneous activities from my life as possible. It's becoming all about end results. I want to shed the pounds that I gained over the winter months. And since I don't enjoy "exercising" and therefore wouldn't be motivated to engage in it, I'm taking as many walks as my schedule (and the weather) allows. That's going pretty well, aside from the passive-aggressive behavior of some of the local youth (like throwing empty bottles and such).

I've stopped playing any online/computer games- no more facebook scrabble for awhile. And no aimless searching on the net. If I want "down time", I put my head in a book, thus advancing my progress toward my reading goal.

I've also drastically cut down on my DVD watching. I haven't started any new television series, and I rarely watch a feature-length movie. In fact, if I get any TV time at all, it is usually at the GF's house. I just spend a lot of time badgering her to change the channel*.

Of course my main priority is spending quality time with my son. We're frequenting the coffee shop or the park if we're not playing in my apartment. Add in work, the sporadic drawing session, and the occasional visit with friends...and that's my life. It seems strange that I can encapsulate my life in such a short post. Now if I could only find time to clean my apartment and do my laundry, I'd be set.


*As I write she's flipping between "America's Top Model" and "Scrubs", but when I'm done with this, I'm going to commandeer the remote.

1 comment: