Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Swan Fire.


c. David Grim (taken 8/29/09)

Probably if you look close enough at the framing of this shot, you'll be able to tell what type of event I was attending. But obviously it's not really about that at all.

To me the image suggests the Great Manichean Struggle, and the resulting fates one can encounter in the afterlife. Not that I put a lot of stock in the traditional conception of good/evil, but I do recognize this dichotomy as THE underlying theme in virtually every story told by mankind.

The funny thing is that I don't believe that this particular scheme was consciously formed by the event designers. The lights depicted were alternating intermittently between many colors.

That's what makes the end product so much fun. Sometimes I feel like my own authorship is in question, and I'm merely channeling from somewhere else. Rather than getting caught up in the process of analyzing my own intention, I'd rather just enjoy these fortuitous messages whenever they arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment