Monday, February 8, 2010

The Winter Wonderland.


c. David Grim (2/8/10)

You'd think that I'd have all kinds of time to post new images with accompanying text to the blog, what with the days off from work because of the snow. But I've spent more time driving around town than I usually do when I'm not working.

Besides the feeling that I might not be able to get out for very much longer, I've also felt compelled to look after the people in my life that I care about. I've actually taken two separate trips to the grocery store. I've also drove all over the North Hills looking for a shovel. This is, without a doubt, the WORST time to be looking for a shovel. I ended up with a thirty-dollar gardening spade from Home Depot. The thing probably weighs thirty pounds, but at least it's something I could use if I get in a pinch.

I'm actually ready to be back in my regular schedule. Driving on the roads around Pittsburgh is treacherous. No one here was ready for this storm. Days after the downfall, the major arteries are still covered with a lumpy mess that a front-wheel drive car can get stuck in iof it doesn't keep moving forward. It's like an unintentional slalom course.

And to make things worse, they are calling for another ten inches over the next 36 hours. I have no clue where anyone is going to park. I'm already wondering where half the cars I normally see are being kept. And I have NO idea what "they" are going to do with all of the snow. Apparently during the last huge blizzard, the municipal authorities had the white stuff trucked to the river and dumped. That caused massive flooding. Yikes.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes os right. However, I simply wanted to say that I really like this photograph...great balance, lines and shadows, and plenty of interest from what is basically an ordinary scene.

    ReplyDelete