Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Fallen Angel.

c. David Grim (taken 8/19/08)

I've decided to take liberties, and post images to this blog that I'm not altogether happy with... as long as they interest me at some level. In this instance I wish that I would have played around with the angles a bit, because the effect I ended up with wasn't quite what I expected. I intended for there to be a certain creep factor, but I didn't know it would come out looking this sordid.

This was shot along a path in the woods at a spiritualist community. The entire place is dedicated to channeling the dead. So to find something unusual and dark nestled in the forest shouldn't have been a surprise. But the truth is that everything was bright and kitschy and wholly positive. It took a perverse sensibility to find the filth and degradation.

As she appears, she is certainly a fallen angel. She may have fancy baubles and other bright trinkets scattered throughout her domain, but she's definitely been letting things go. The disarray isn't contained to the cracks. Perhaps our young lady has just been visited by a randy leprechaun bearing controlled substances. Who can tell? All I know is she is zonked, and doesn't look like she's going to make into work for a week or two.

1 comment:

  1. I particularly like the way the bottom right corner fades to white. For me, it adds deeper meaning to the image. Great shot.
    -mw

    ReplyDelete