Monday, June 28, 2010

Everything will be on the walls.

c. David Grim (taken 6/19/10)

All the images for the Crown of Appalachia show (running concurrent with David Grim's "Book of Life" installation) are printed, framed and ready for hanging. When I was asked to fill up half a gallery with photographs, I knew that it was going to be fun sorting through all of my posts and picking my favorites. At the same time, I knew that the show would have to stand on its own alongside the rest of the work. I think we'll achieve a balance that will be interesting once everything is presented together. It's slowly making more and more sense to me.

This weekend was largely dominated by plans to move my GF's mom from Moon to Lawrenceville. In conjunction with my preparation at the Panza Gallery, the plans and actual execution for the trek have been wholly occupying. Now I can focus once again. Everything WILL be on the walls by Saturday evening, and it is my personal commitment to make sure that everyone that attends the show during the month of July feels like it was worth seeing.

The process of building this exhibition has been at times fulfilling, engrossing, daunting, and exhausting. It's going to be a relief to get back to thinking about making the work itself. The vulnerability of putting stuff in front of the public can be raw, and even maddening. As long as I keep in mind that the presentation is an extension of the making of art, I can keep a grip on things. If I haven't seen you recently, I hope to see you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Best wishes on your show. Wish we could be there other than in spirit. See you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see you soon too...I can't wait to see the show! Congrats, my friend:).

    ReplyDelete