Tuesday, June 15, 2010

An Invitation.


c. David Grim (taken 8/20/08)

Whew. I get a break... weeks to direct my energy to setting all the big picture stuff in order. My day-to-day schedule is entirely filled, and if I want to sandwich some spontaneity into my life, I have to plan it well ahead. I wish it was a situation that allowed me to step back and see the objective irony in that, but I'm booked.

So anyway, I'm well ahead in my reading schedule. I've doggedly continued to write about whatever I've felt like at the time despite my better intentions. I'm managing to slowly become a better father, working out a divorce, and trying to nourish a relationship... all at the same time. I'm also trying hard to do better at my full time job. And getting ready to move back into the house I once owned and soon will again. I even make it a point to draw and take photographs when I can work it in.

But the biggest challenge now occupying my mind is putting together a show of work (drawings and photographs) that I've been preparing for YEARS. I've never invested this much time in presentation, but I guess I've been past due. The stuff I'll be showing represents a body of work that contains layers of meaning I'm still discovering. And it already represented a lot when I started it in 2006.

I'm not trying to bludgeon the reader with accounts of the trials and tribulations of the artist, but I can predict with some level of certainty that this post will not be the last commentary on the subject. Still, if you never visit the blog again, I want to invite you to the Panza Gallery (115 Sedgwick Street, Millvale) on July 10th, from 6-9PM. Consider yourself sufficiently welcomed.

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait for the show! I'll be there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I will be further out of the area than usual that weekend (as in the Delaware shore), but I will be out the following week to see your show. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete