Thursday, July 29, 2010

A Closing, A Bridge, and A Record.

c. David Grim (taken 6/21/10)

Yes. Obviously it's been a "long time" since I've taken the time to construct a post. Of course it's relative. Relative to how often the reader checks this blog. Relative to my previously established patterns. Relative to my/your/our own conceptions of time. The thing is that it's easy to allow the pressure of my life to supersede my habits- "good" and "bad" (if you believe in that sort of thing).

But why allow ourselves that sort of excuse?

Saturday the 31st marks a transition for me. The days leading up to this date have been long. If you show up at 6PM (or after), you'll see an exhibition of art that I am truly proud of. But there's more than simple pride invested in this for me. There's integration, humility, grace, graciousness, love, compassion, empathy and connection surrounding everything... not just at the gallery.

If you do join us (and have the capability), bring a record. By that I mean wax trax... vinyl... something that spins and sounds when touched by a needle. My friend Leroy will be coordinating the play list, and we can all be excited by that prospect.

No comments:

Post a Comment