Monday, May 17, 2010

System Restore (?)


c. David Grim (taken 8/11/07)

Over the weekend my laptop contracted a virulent infection and sent me for loop. I tried a system restore, but for some reason it just wouldn't work. The window for that option wouldn't even stay on my screen. So I did a full reformat to the factory condition, returning the machine to the condition it was in when I bought it. It took a long time to complete the process, and I lost everything that I had installed on my hard drive.

So while I was waiting for my computer to be ready to use again, I began to transfer some of my backload of images from my old desktop to my external hard drive. There are tens of thousands of shots, and naturally the speed of that outdated processor slows things to a crawl. What a pain in the ass. But at the same time it's kind of fascinating to see images from more than two years ago.

One of the things that went missing during the reformat was the folder in which I stored all of the images I have uploaded to this blog. This means I don't have any easy way to determine if an image I'm considering posting has already appeared here. No matter. For awhile I intend to start integrating some older images. In the meantime I'm also preparing to create (with the help of a friend) an official artist web page. When it's ready for prime time, I'll let you all know right here. Until then, i hope you enjoy some of my old stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment