Sunday, May 16, 2010

A good way to spend Sunday night.

c. David Grim (taken 8/19/08)

When I was a little kid, I used to love to play with Fisher Price Little People. As far as I was concerned there was nothing better. Sure, I had to share a little room in a two-story row-home with my older brother- but we has tons of toys. There was an oval carpet that sat beneath my brother's trundle bed while he slept. When we were awake we would race Matchbox and Hot Wheels along its concentric circles.

Still, my focus was on the many buildings we had for our Little People town. We had the Sesame Street set, a couple of fast food joints, some houses, a marketplace, the garage, etc. And all of those round-headed folks had their own personalities. We had a regular soap opera going, and I remember playing endlessly. And I also recall when my father gave it all away to my cousins. I was probably much too old to be playing with that stuff. But video games were still in their infancy, so i think I should get a pass.

Who knows what my son will look back on with nostalgia. I've already acquired a good amount of stuff for him to fool around with when he's over at Daddy's house. Tonight my girlfriend and I put together an ultra-cool Playmobile set. Man, who knew how cool those things were? What we assembled looks like some kind of weird jungle-based animal testing lab. There are tons of strange little accessories that came with the set. I can't wait to get into it with my E. We're going to have so much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment