Monday, April 26, 2010

Oops!


c. David Grim (taken 4/13/08)

I'll say this without reservations- this year's Art All Night was fun. Even dropping my piece off was entertaining, due to the alleyway between industrial ruins that we had to proceed down in order to get our work there. I turned up Munly and the Lee Lewis Harlots, and listened to it bouncing off the walls. It was both gritty and sublime, if you know what I mean.

However, I did do something I have never done before in all the years I've been displaying at this annual event. I forgot to go back on Sunday and pick up my piece. According to the Art All Night website, stuff that gets left there becomes their property. But I don't even know who "they" are exactly. I tried to e-mail them, but I haven't heard back yet. There are absolutely no contact names listed.

If I don't ever get the piece back, I'll be bummed mainly because my image was in a very expensive frame. I can print out another shot, and I wouldn't mind if someone likes it enough to hang on their wall. By the way, if the person that ends up with the photo ever reads this- I'd like to request that they hang it sideways as indicated above. I think it looks better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment