Thursday, February 17, 2011

Sun and Air.

c. David Grim (taken 2/12/11)

I guess I'm going to have to make this one quick... as it appears I'm quickly running out of juice. I'm at the coffee house, and although they were generous with the power outlets when they designed the interior, I've somehow managed to come out this evening without my power cord. So when I'm prompted to hook up to another energy source, or to save my work, I'm going to simply publish whatever I have.

I would have never guessed that I'd be sitting here and drinking espresso with the front of the shop completely open to the elements in the middle of February. And I'm wearing short sleeves. This is just a spectacular bonus, and I'm feeling a bit of pressure to make the absolute most out of it. I've actually taken extended walks on five of the last six days. That's making a huge difference in the way I feel. Yes, I still feel fat. But I feel several steps closer to remedying that condition.

Walking around my neighborhood I discovered that lots of other folks were taking the opportunity to combat their seasonally-appropriate cabin fever. I also noticed how many really ugly people there are where I live. I guess you might think I'm shallow for writing that. But if you saw the creatures I'm talking about, you'd agree... despite your better nature. Perhaps you wouldn't point it out. Who knows? The thing is that I don't consider myself particularly attractive. But in comparison to those I see on my local streets, I feel like an Adonis.

By no means do I intend to suggest that there aren't plenty of beautiful people throughout Pittsburgh. I feel like we have a surplus of "lookers" in this city. Unfortunately they just don't seem to live in my 'hood. My neighbors all seem to look decades older than they are. Maybe it's the water. Or maybe there are just a lot of meth addicts living near me. At least it's relatively safe and clean (and has a great public school district).

2 comments:

  1. 60 degrees in mid-February? Yesterday's weather finally cleared some openings in the walking paths around the neighborhood.

    Walking can be pure therapy, if actually done. It feels good when walking, feels good when you get home afterward. Had a nice walk yesterday, planning a longer one today. (Down 9lb. on diet alone, have to kick start this plan)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. i really did enjoy it while it lasted. Good luck with your diet.

    ReplyDelete