Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thinking Out Loud.

c. David Grim (taken 2/12/11)

I've been relatively inactive on here lately. But I have a good reason to be down to only a few updates a week... I'm addressing professional continuing education requirements. I found myself about sixty hours short of where I need to be, so I enrolled in a cyber course. I'm taking a class in storytelling. By that I mean "the oral tradition". In other words I'm learning how to tell a tale out loud in an engaging way. It seems counter-intuitive to believe this could be taught effectively online, but what are you going to do? I was very curious, so I paid the $250 and got underway.

So far... so good. I'm actually having fun with the writing prompts. That was one of my positive expectations for this course, so I'm glad I haven't been disappointed. It's been both extremely easy and entertaining. I guess I have been exercising the parts of my mind that the material requires to be done well. Sure, it feels good to know that I've developed a skill.

Perhaps I'll post some of my work here. I'll just have to review it first and determine how well it stands up online, and do any editing that needs to be done. As I've said, I enjoy this kind of work. I wish I had a clear idea of what that meant for any potential career I might choose to pursue. Because if I did, I'd have started that particular journey. I'm ready to do a lot more writing. It would certainly be motivating to be able to figure out a way to get paid in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment